Institut f. Atmosphäre und Klima
CHN M 11
Phone: +41 44 632 82 27
I did my PhD in the atmospheric dynamic group of Prof. Wernli.
- warm conveyor belts (climatology , precipitation, diabatic processes, PV modification)
- forecast performance and error
- 16th Cyclone Workshop, Sainte-Adèle, September 2013, Canada. “Warm Conveyor Belts: dynamical significance and forecast verification”.
- AMOS National Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 2013. “Warm Conveyor Belts: significance, climatology and forecast verification”.
- 10th Swiss Geoscience Meeting, Bern, Switzerland, 2012. “Precipitation in extratropical cyclones: the role of warm conveyor belts”
- 6th PANDOWAE Workshop, June 2012, in Klingenmünster, Germany, “Warm conveyor belt: climatology and forecast”
- 11th EMS Annual Meeting, September 2011, Berlin, Germany, “Diabatic processes in extratropical cyclones: a climatology of warm conveyor belts”
- 15th Cyclone Workshop, March 2011, Monterey, CA, USA, “Climatology of Warm Conveyor Belts over the Past 20 Years”
- EGU, Vienna, April 2014, Austria. “The interaction between warm conveyor belts and breaking Rossby waves: a climatological perspective. ”
- DACA Conference, Davos, July 2013, Switzerland. “Dynamical significance and forecast verification of warm conveyor belts”
- AGU Chapman Conference, October 2011, Grindenwald, Switzerland. “A Lagrangian climatology of warm conveyor belts over the past 20 years”
- AGU Chapman Conference, October 2011, Grindenwald, Switzerland. “Lagrangian Analysis of Orographic Blocking”, M.Sprenger, E.Madonna, A. Roch
- Madonna, E., M. Boettcher, C. M. Grams, H. Joos, O. Martius and H. Wernli, 2014:
Verification of North Atlantic warm conveyor belt outflows in ECMWF forecasts. Q. J. Roy Meteor. Soc., in press.
- Madonna, E., S. Limbach, C. Aebi, H. Joos, H. Wernli and O. Martius, 2014: On the
co-occurrence of warm conveyor belt outflows and PV-streamers. Journal of Atmospheric Science, in press.
- Pfahl, S., E. Madonna, M. Boettcher, H. Joos, and H. Wernli, 2014: Warm conveyor belts in the ERA-Interim data set (1979-2010). Part II: Moisture origin and relevance for precipitation. Journal of Climate, 27, 27-40.
- Madonna, E., H. Wernli, H. Joos and O. Martius, 2014: Warm conveyor belts in the ERA-Interim data set (1979-2010). Part I: Climatology and potential vorticity evolution. Journal of Climate, 27, 3-26.
- Dissertation: Warm conveyor belts climatology and forecast performance.